The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
In class: Observation notes
In this observation activity I noticed that and my peers pointed out to me that I need a lot more visual observations than I thought I already had. I need to dig deeper into the display of this grocery store in order to create a clear argument about my space. I also realized that I need to go to Central Market and a more variety of time spans. I aslo realized that I came in with the idea that this store just targets healthy eaters and didn't look at Central Market as maybe just targeting food lovers in general. My peers also made a very good point, that Central Market has a subconscious comfort feeling to it. Once peer stated how they had been in Central Market many times and never once noticed the colonial or Texan style to it. It had become almost a relatively usual part of Fort Worth to relay this texan style feeling. I also need to look deeper into the costumer service of Central Market. Although, it appealed to be clean, tidy, nice, and organized, how nice is Central Market as a business really? Maybe next time I should try talking to an employee and how they treat me. How one is treated by costumer service usually says a lot about the business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I go to central market quite often but its usually around the same time at night. I look forward to see exactly what you find there at different times! Also Central Market is such a neat looking place im sure you wont have any trouble getting more visual observations of the space.
ReplyDelete