The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Class: Logos artifact

My logos artifact that I brought in are in fact my ballet shoes. They aren't just any ballet shoes though but they are my old worn out ballet shoes. It it is not the ballet shoes themselves that represent logic but more so the fact that they are worn out and look very old. The fact that they no longer hold that pink fresh leather look when I first got them is the key point here. The fact that they are now more rough on the edges and that the color is hard to distinguish is the logic appeal. By the look of theses shoes one can conclude that they have been used a lot and that since they belong to me then they have probably been used by a lot by me. Logically speaking if I showed you these shoes you would probably think that I have used them a lot or that they are very old.Logically speaking you would be able to tell that these shoes are not new and that since I have kept despite the fact that they are old and worned out must mean that they are still valuable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment