The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Class: First drafting paragraph

I thought a lot about what to pick for this paper because I wanted it to be different yet interesting. I wanted to go beyond TCU and beyond your regular everyday abouts that people could think about. That is precisely why I chose Central Market. The thought of organic food stores is quite fascinating to me. Why did they come to existance and what makes them unique from any old grocery store. Why is America so worried about their food being organic now and what does this say about our culture. Central Market was quite an incredible thing. It was pretty facsinating and made me look at food in a different perspective. It made me value food a lot more than I thought I would. See, I love food and I use to always say I would eat just about anything. After experiencing Central Market thought I don't want to just eat anything but I want to eat the real stuff. I want to eat the good stuff. I value my food a lot more and in relationship to that I value my health a lot more too. After it's not just necesarily the taste of food that matters right. It is also about what is this food going to do for my body. Organic food and organic industries seem to advertise both good taste and health.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really interesting place to choose for this assignment. I love central market and I think the space is definitely making an argument, especially because people are willing to pay so much more for organic products.

    ReplyDelete