The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

In Class: Reading assignment (Chapter 12)

I really enjoyed the reading that we had because it made me look at forming arguments in a different way. I learned that such things as sentence structure, choice of words, punctuation ,and what they referred to as special effects, make a huge difference in the type of argument you are trying to form. The most interesting thing I recieved from this chapter though is that arguments are characterized into high, middle, and low arguments. The book described them as the following: the high arguments are those arguments dressed in tuxedos that are more serious and use more formal writting (big words). The mid arguments are those dressed in work clothes but not soo serious. My favorite is the low argument. This is argument was descibed as the one sitting at the desk with its legs on the desk and most likely to use humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment