The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

In Class:reflection on analysis process

I found the analysis process to be a lot more difficult than I had planned on it being. The first obstacle I came across was defining and really knowing what a primary source was. I found this to be even more difficult when I began looking into different sources and reading them. That was a process within itself. It was pretty tricky to try to differentiate between which sources would be correct for this unit and which sources would maybe not be beneficial. One thing that really helped though is when Professor Irvin gave us that handout on how to better understand and be able to tell if my source was primary or not.
Once I found and validated that my sources were indeed primary I found it very difficult to read the articles and write about them "appropriately." It was very hard to try to analyze the argument that each article was making rather than making my own argument and in putting my own opinions. The first thing I realized was that I wasn't completely clear on what making a rhetorical claim about my argument meant. Honestly til this day I am still not completely sure but one thing that did really help me was when Proffesor mentioned that it was better sometimes to "just go." Keep writting.

No comments:

Post a Comment